Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pears for a favorite

Marian Parsons, aka Miss Mustard Seed, has one of the best blogs out there.  She has enough tutorials and inspiration pieces to make anyone want to try her techniques!  Miss Mustard Seed is a blog I check religiously.  Every day.  Without fail.  Well, recently she had a post about her "desire for a cow".  She was pining for an original painting, more specifically, a painting of a cow.  So she contacted an artist she knows and commissioned one.

Shoot.

When I read that she "wanted a cow" I was thinking, "I could paint her a cow!"  Then I thought, "Maybe I still should!"  Then the next day or so, I saw that someone else had been thinking the same thing and Marian now has cow #2 heading her way.  Well, I contacted her anyway and since two cow paintings are enough for one house, she went to my portfolio and decided on a pear painting she would like; a painting I have at a The Painted Lady in Chicago.  So, today is the day I began working on a special painting for a special lady - Miss Mustard Seed.
This is my other pear painting and the blues and greens are highly exaggerated.  I'm not one of those people who can paint from a vision in her head - I need to look at something.  So I lined up some pears on my kitchen counter and took a picture of them with a neutral background canvas behind them.
  First, I wanted to section out only 3 of the pears since the canvas I'm using is 11 x 14 - not long enough to include all five pears.  I like the three on the right.  There's a story there . . .
And this is what I came up with -
It's entitled - "Three's A Crowd"
Now - 24 hours to dry and then it's off to Miss Mustard Seed!

Holy Cow!  Blogworld is a friendly place!

-Nan


Sharing this on:

1 comment:

MelissaJane said...

I really, really like this painting. I love that it's still life of fruit but has a story and a sense of humor going on.

I just discovered your blog today and I love it - you are so creative and really inspire me. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...