Saturday, August 13, 2011

CELEBRATION!


The last two weeks have been busy around my house - getting ready for almost 70 friends and family to help us celebrate my son's great health.  Almost eight months ago, my oldest son was diagnosed with stage two testicular cancer.  Since then he has undergone surgery and four rounds of chemotherapy.  The great news is, being a very curable cancer when caught early, he is doing great!  So the last few weeks have been all about planning, setting up, celebrating, and cleaning up.  Here are just a couple pictures from our 
CELEBRATION BARBECUE!
My daughter-in-law, and her artistic flair, getting the menu board ready.(thank you Karen, from the Graphics Fairy, for the great "MENU" graphic) I just painted a piece of plywood with chalkboard paint and then used white acrylic paint and my overhead projector to get the graphic blown-up to the right size.  The menu itself can be washed right off and used over and over.  

Tables were set with burlap cloths . . .
and centerpieces complete with LIVESTRONG clay tags.
 Even Harley and Harriet (my son's dogs) came all the way from Minnesota to celebrate with us!
Great music provided by good friends Tom and Evan, from Leahy's Luck.
And . . . just a few of the friends and family who were here -


 

     
 
  
  
The guest of honor, Andy, with me.  Doesn't he look great!!??!!

Now.
What to do with all that burlap????
Hmmmm . . .

Sharing on The Graphics Fairy's "Brag Monday"

6 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

That is just awesome....so glad you celebrated in style...may we all remember to celebrate life.
Blessings on years and years of good health reports

WhyCuzICan said...

Awesome celebration for your Son. God Bless you both :)

I am the wife of a cancer warrior myself (stage 4 Kidney cancer)

Visiting, cheerfully, from BRAG MONDAY at GraphicsFairy,
Suzanne & Kevin in Illinois

missmacymay said...

What a great post. I can tell there was a lot of fun and love going on that day. Thanks for sharing however I don't have any idea for you about what to do with all that burlap!!!!!!

Little Prairie Girl said...

I am happy for you and your family...glad to know he is on the mend...Praise the Lord!

I love the menu chalkboard...great job and the burlap tablecloths....how fun! looks like you had a great party!~
Natalie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Hi I was going through Graphics Fairy, looking for an image and came across the post Karen did for Brag Monday. I popped over because I want to do a sign like this for my sons rehearsal dinner. I had no idea your son had Cancer...Yikkes! As a Mom I have no idea if I could handle this!! At least it is a really curable cancer, glad all is well...Exhale!

Carol

gaelle said...

I am new to your blog coming from the Graphic Fairy after seeing your great chalkboard as I am trying to do one with the same Menu graphic. Your story is just wonderful and very inspirational and what a great happy celebratory ending! My mantra is "Party Just Because!" because everyday is special and friends and family are reason enough, but this is just so dear. I am so glad you made it such a SPECIAL OCCASION and shared it with all your friends and family. That takes a great deal of courage and shows a really positive attitude toward life. I love your little tags on each candle also. You did a great job - take a bow and thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...