Saturday, September 10, 2011

PROJECTS AHEAD

Back in November, I had a post on these 
way too expensive beautiful chairs from Horchow.  
Old Hickory Tannery "Marla" Chair
French Laundry Home "La Jolla" Chair
Well.  

THEN, I came across this great bergere chair at Goodwill for a mere $9.99!  
Now, the time is right to work on the chair.  

I work best under pressure.  

We're having some friends over for dinner on Wednesday and 
it's my goal to finish these two projects by then.

In my ongoing plan to lighten up everything in the living room, the next few days will be devoted to working on the blue hutch-like piece in the back, and the Goodwill chair.  

  The bergere chair will be painted with Annie Sloan's Old White and then covered with a light colored linen.  My mission today is to find that fabric.  I'd like to use either an off-white or a very, very pale blue.  I'll have to see what I can find.  There probably used to be a back cushion to this chair - it's very deep.  So, I'll need to make one of those also.
The table/shelf/hutch will go from blue to just "Old White".  
I may get distracted with a few other things while working on these, 
but if I don't post for a couple days, you'll know why.  

I'll be working on these fun projects!





2 comments:

Tasha Anderson said...

I am GREEN with envy over that chair!!! Great score! OMG!
XOXO,
Tasha

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

You are going to be the fun kinda busy!! Good luck. Great chair too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...