Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ANTHROPOLOGIE INSPIRED TABLE SETTING

You know, sometimes you have to just hand your blog over to someone else.  Someone who did a really great job doing something creative and beautiful.  

Today's post is filled with photos taken by my McKinney, Texas friend, Jan.  She and her husband were having some friends over for their second annual Valentine Dinner and Jan wanted to use an idea we saw at Anthropologie when I was down there a few weeks ago.  The inspiration photo is shown below, but Jan's turned out so much better than these!!!  Just wait - you'll agree!
She and I both agreed . . . the Anthropologie bottles reminded us of mummies.  We loved the white bottle look, and the numbers would have been okay if they'd been done differently, but just look at what she did with this idea!

First she painted some empty wine bottles with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
Then she embellished them with some Valentine charms she found at Michaels.  She tied them on the bottles with kitchen string.

So pretty!
 The bottles serve as a vase for Flowering Quince - called the "Cinderella of the Early Spring Garden"!  
Then she scattered some tissue paper pom-pom flowers (yes, she made those too) in between all the bottles.   Who wouldn't LOVE to attend this dinner party?

(You can learn how to make the tissue paper flowers here at Martha Stewart's website.  I used to make them for decorations for big events in my classroom.  They're a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to add some dimension to your table setting.)


 What a beautiful and romantic table setting!  Thanks for letting me show off your photos, Jan!



Sharing on:
Power of Paint  TableTop Tuesday  Wow Us Wednesdays
Time Travel Thursday  Strut Your Stuff  Transformation Thursday
Tablescape Thursday  Show and Tell Friday



8 comments:

cindy said...

They are great! I will be on the lookout for some wine bottles and charms! Thanks for the post.

Veronica said...

Love this idea! I agree, Jan's bottles are so much prettier and more 'sophisticated'. Love Love Love!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Yes, Jan's bottle beat Anthropoligie's all to hello operator! Love them! I thought mummy also when I saw the first pic. Love all of her adornments. I am such a no. lover that I think one would have still been cute. No worry though, they are darling!
Hugs,
Jann

Rettabug said...

Nan, your friends bottles are Waaaaaayyyyy nicer than Anthro's!! I think her embellishments are much more creative & professional looking, too. Very pretty & please tell her 'thank you' for letting you share them with us. I've yet to try painting with ASCP but this I think I could do.

fondly,
Rett

Marigene said...

Yes, your friend's bottle are way cooler than Anthropologie's...they make a great centerpiece. I ♥♥♥ her plates with the high sides.

yann said...

Jan's creation was pretty and categorize under decorative art. But Antropologie's display was terrific in the form of artistic installation art, strong in concept and may convey a message from the artist.

Renee @ Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor said...

WOW!! Jan's bottles are SO much better!
I just started a brand new themed link party just for rustic and shabby chic projects. I would love to have you share this - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=5388

Anonymous said...

Elegant and stunning!

Hope you'll link up to my new link party!
Mauvin' Monday at Vintage Mauve

Cheers,
Jessica, your newest Linky Follower

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...