Thursday, February 23, 2012

INSPIRATION FILE FRIDAY!

Today's Inspiration File photos come from Playing With Books, by Jason Thompson, a great book I've blogged about in the past.

I made this little note holder with instructions from this book.  It sits on my kitchen counter and I still use it every day!
This book is filled with beautiful ways of manipulating books and book pages to create art and I've been flipping through it a lot lately.  Old books are the best for these projects since they have such character.  Speaking of old, there's a big day coming up for two of our book group members - a very momentous birthday to be celebrated for both.  The invitations are in the mail, created with this Pretty Tufted Paris Chair from The Graphics Fairy!  Kind of a grand, old chair, I'd say!  How appropriate!
 It has a very complimentary quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson on the envelope inside another great Graphics Fairy frame.  The "tag-style" invitation fits inside a long envelope made of the same brown card stock.  I just made my own pattern for the envelope based on the size of the tag and printed the Emerson quote inside the Antique Printer Ornament (the frame).
So what better way to celebrate book lovers' birthdays than with some old books!?!  Our table is going to have to reflect what "binds" this little group together.  

:)

So, here are some ideas from Playing With Books!  
 Along with these pretty napkin rings from a previous Inspiration Folder.  Each one is a little work of art and so fun to look at.  Kind of like each of these ladies we're celebrating.  Each one is a work of art!!!  I can tease both of them about being old because I happen to be even older!


(By the way, what a great idea for another craft night - where each of us could make a set of napkin rings to go with any holiday or event.  Everyone could bring a bag of trinkets, thrift store jewelry, beads, and ribbons.)  

So, I have some decisions to make and some fun projects to try!  And maybe even a craft night with some old friends in the near future!



4 comments:

Homeroad said...

I love everything on the whole post! Great book and great projects... and I wish I lived closer because I'd be over for your craft night!
:) Susan

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my word those are all amazing ideas!! Who would have known that you could do all of that with books :)

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Wow - what artistry.

Love your invitations - my niece wants me to do luggage tags for "Save The Dates" for her destination wedding. With your little tutorial, it seems doable. Thanks

Anne said...

Wow lots of great ideas and inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...