Thursday, October 31, 2013

"THE BOSS" - A ROOSTER WITH ATTITUDE

I'm still enjoying my watercolors and today it's -
"The Boss"
He's 8 x 8 inches and painted on 300# Arches paper.

I wanted to try painting this one without sketching first and that actually made it more fun because you don't know for sure how it's going to turn out until you're done.  I still have some background work to do so it isn't signed yet.  Also, some people have asked about the depth of color in these watercolors.  I use a Grumbacher pan set - 24 colors.  This particular one comes in "opaque" and "transparent" and I use the "opaque" - I'm not a fan of the watery, transparent look. You can see my set here.

The frame is a 16" square, black and silver with a black mat.

One of my boys has mentioned several times that he'd like a painting of a rooster for his office.  Specifically, a rooster that has a bit of an attitude . . . kind of a judgmental look about him.  I think most roosters look that way naturally, but "The Boss" was done for him.  So this painting will soon be heading to Minnesota.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...