Friday, August 29, 2014

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME NOT

The Sun Cherry Zinnia.  
A real stunner in the world of zinnias.  Brilliant color with long-ish petals that stand up well while allowing a few to gracefully "droop" to add artistic flair to this flower in a bouquet. 

This one, with its two drooping petals, reminds me of the whimsical children's game, "He loves me, he loves me not", as illustrated in this old engraving:

"The Decision of the Flower" (1820) 
by Henry Moses

I'm loving the process of working on pen, ink, and watercolor illustrations.  From the outlining of each petal -

  
to the finished drawing -


 . . . to the process of adding color.  It's picky, time-consuming, and detailed drawing, but I love seeing it all come together!


These 8 x 10 inch original watercolor is available in my Etsy shop.  (fits perfectly in an 11 x 14 inch frame) It will arrive safely on your doorstep matted, backed, creatively packaged, and ready for framing in no time!



Other pen/ink/watercolor flowers in my shop:


Or, purchase a commission of your own favorite below:



Thanks for looking!
-Nan





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...