Sunday, November 2, 2014

"REST AWHILE" and "LAZY DAY" as PRINTS or GALLERY WRAPPED CANVAS

Last fall I took part in a painting workshop on the east coast with artist, Leslie Saeta. This was a really fun workshop in a beautiful location, Sandbridge, Virginia.  We set up our easels both on the beach, and next to a farmer's vegetable stand.  Painting en plein air was a first for me, and pretty nerve wracking at first.  I'm just not used to having anyone looking over my shoulder while I'm painting.  But, since we spent a good 6 hours each day painting outdoors for all to see, I got over my nervousness fairly quickly.  It helped that there were about 14 of us and we were all learning the same technique.

Leslie's technique, which is palette knife painting, shows the subject in high texture.  Two of the paintings I did in that style are:

"REST AWHILE"

and



"LAZY DAY"

The originals of these paintings sold right away, but now I am offering high quality, archival quality prints and gallery wrapped canvases in my Etsy shop.  

If you're interested in checking them out just click the photos below.


 "Lazy Day"              and               "Rest Awhile"

Both are available as prints, or wrapped canvases. (8 x 8 in., 11 x 11 in., or 16 x 16 in.)

Thanks for looking!
-Nan



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...