Saturday, March 7, 2015

THE INSPIRATION OF CEZANNE

Two of my favorite artists are Cezanne and Degas - all of their work is just beautiful in my eyes.  And imitation is the greatest compliment, right?  I try to get the feel of their style by doing much of my own work with one of them in mind.

A couple weeks ago, two of my favorite paintings were sold and now reside in Virginia.  They were both done with the style of Cezanne in mind.  While I was sad to see two of my favorites go out the door, I was thrilled to receive such a sweet note from the buyer.  Notes like this make it a little easier to let go of a painting you've worked hard on! 

"Greetings, Nan and great thanks for the gorgeous paintings- which just arrived and are super!  You are very talented.  They look like Cezanne's!   Plus- you are an artist in every way- I liked your presentation, wrapping and key, too!  All best to you"

Now, THAT is the beginning of a wonderful Saturday!

Thanks for looking!
-Nan

RIPE
8 x 8 inch oil

and


POMEGRANATE, PEACH, AND PEAR
8 x 10 oil




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...