Thursday, July 28, 2011

THE PROMISED "FAIL".

Okay, last week I listed 5 projects in the making.  A couple days ago I showed you the clay and paper projects.  Well, here's the twig project.  I've made these before and they turned out great - but it just wasn't working this time. 
Below you see what it was supposed to look like!
And . . . this is what they turned out to be!  
There are six of these beauties.  They were supposed to be centerpieces for an outdoor party we're having in a week.  Those of you who have been following my blog for a bit, may remember my speaking about my 32 year old son going through treatment for testicular cancer.  Well, he's all finished with chemo, his hair has grown back, and he's out riding the highways and byways of Minnesota and beyond.  (185 miles in one day a few weeks ago)  He takes his biking seriously.  

Now, he is officially in remission and we're so thankful!  The whole time he was going through chemo, he worked on fundraising for the LIVESTRONG foundation, riding a trainer bike in his basement.  To date, he has earned almost $30,000 and the opportunity to ride with Lance Armstrong in Austin, Texas this fall in the Livestrong Challenge.  We'll be there to see him cross the finish line.
ANDY AND KATE ON THEIR WEDDING DAY TWO YEARS AGO
Anyway, we're going to celebrate his recovery with family and friends . . . and the tables need centerpieces.  These seemed appropriate - kind of "Survivor" type-looking-things.  But they're a little too rugged for me and we're going with something else.  But . . . since I said I'd show the 5 projects, I'm going to show ALL 5 projects!  So, here it is!  Live and learn . . .


And now to try to retrieve a better reputation - it's a good time to throw in some pictures from the garden - since that's where the party will be.  This is the first chance I've had to get outside in a few days - we've been getting some much needed rain.  
Coneflowers - a Wisconsin Native
 Zinnias
 Some pink hydrangeas
Another pink hydrangea nestled into some Lamb's Ears -
 And one of my husband's favorites - the tall Nicotiana.

Jan and I always overestimate how much we'll be able to get done.  So two of the five projects are still in the making . . . coming soon . . . as promised . . . 
birds and furniture!

1 comment:

SuzyMcQ said...

A huge congratulations to your son, his wife and your family on winning his battle with cancer. His dedication is truly inspiring and I wish him the best of luck as he rides with Lance Armstrong.

What a lovely wedding picture, a beautiful couple....I bet outside as well as inside.

Have a wonderful celebration. Enjoy the day, the time together and the love you all share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...