Wednesday, September 7, 2011

BEFORE AND AFTER CUPBOARD

Yesterday was a busy day.  I emptied this old cupboard out, scrubbed it down, and put a coat of "Old White" chalk paint on everything but the inset area of the doors.  I used a flat gray in that area.  Then I distressed it and used dark Minwax over the whole piece.

 The old cupboard doesn't fit together quite like she used to - I can relate!  It's a comfortable piece, easy-going, not at all pretentious . . . words that describe my favorite people!  

 I love the curves and the simple finish.  Some things get better with age!  :)

 And, yes, I did paint the inside!  
  
                           Before . . .                             . . . After
On to the next project of the day . . .

1 comment:

fromhousetohome said...

I love the way it turned out!!! I wonder what it will look like 10 years down the road!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...