Sunday, September 18, 2011

CREEPY BUT FUN - INSECT DISHES FOR FALL DECORATING

I just got the October 2011 issue of Country Living Magazine.  
Have you seen it?  
There is an article about some really unusual, but incredibly expensive, insect dishware.  Way out of reach for me, and nothing I'd actually want to eat off of, but I think it would be fun to fix up some similar shaped jars for Fall/Halloween decorating. 
Set of 3 Jars: Spider & Insects
Above:  From Country Living:  Set of 3 jars:  $170Below:  Also from Country Living : $73, $50, and $35

Dinnerware Set: Insects






              
The Graphics Fairy has plenty of insect graphics which are free to download and print!  Here are just a few of the possibilities.  I'd probably print these out in black and white.



I have a great group of friends who are willing to come over and get creative - so in a few short weeks we'll all have some insect accessories to help us with our fall holiday decorating.  A little mulled wine, a pot of soup simmering away, and a fire in the fireplace . . . 
PROJECT NIGHT!
They just need to take a trip to their nearest thrift shop for some suitable jars or plates, print out some great insect graphics, and pack up their scissors!  Results will be posted as soon as we're done!





2 comments:

Mandy said...

Love these jars and plates. So easy and yet they are awesome! I stumbled upon your blog...following you from The Occasional Pat and I'm so glad that I did! I'm you newest follower.
www.projectqueen.org

Nan Burger said...

Welcome, Mandy! So glad you're here! I've been hoping someone would soon bring me to the 260 follower mark and YOU ARE IT! Thanks you! I'm off to visit your blog! -Nan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...