Wednesday, March 7, 2012

HOW TO MAKE CLOCK PLATES

Good morning!

Just a quick post this morning to show you an idea for temporarily dressing up clear glass plates.  My original plan was to Mod Podge my chosen design to the back of the glass plate.  But that would make the design permanent - plus it would have to be carefully hand-washed.  Mod Podge is strong, but not dishwasher proof.  

So I decided instead to put the design on the charger.  That way, the design still shows through, the charger can be wiped off with a damp cloth, and the plate will remain clear for future use.  Also, when I use the chargers with other plates, the design will be covered but the gold rim will remain!  And if you know you'll only use the graphic design for one occasion then you can just adhere the graphic to the charger with a glue dot.

For my design I chose the clock faces from the Graphics Fairy - an appropriate way to commemorate how important every moment is.  And since our dinner will be held the night we lose an hour of sleep due to Daylight Savings Time, it seemed even more timely.  These would be great plates for a New Year's Eve dinner too!






As Carl Sandburg said, 

"Time is the coin of your life.  It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.  Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Have a great day!



4 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love this. What a great idea, and the tablescape is beautiful.

Anne said...

Great idea.Your table setting looks beautiful.

Mandy said...

Fabulous Idea! Love the boldness of the clock on the gold gold chargers. I'm a new Linky Follower. Follow me back if you like.

I have a Link Party going on at Project Queen if you would like to share your clock chargers!

http://projectqueen.org/welcome-to-link-party-24-turning-the-daunting-into-the-do-able

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

LOVE IT!!!
I am SO CRAZY for clocks and this is PERFECT! A few years back William Sonoma had clock plates for NEW YEARS "AND" I missed out on getting them! I felt SO BAD! and I've been hunting ever since...This is a wonderful idea!
Thank you SO MUCH!!!
If you get a chance I'd love for you to peek into my World of Blog too...
Have a wonderful weekend,
Donna

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...