Sunday, March 4, 2012

GETTING READY FOR A SPECIAL DINNER PARTY

We are getting ready to celebrate two very special friends and their "big" birthday.  The invitations went out about a week ago.

I am so excited to be able to have that celebration at our house!  So this week will be dedicated to getting ready for a fun dinner party.  

The first thing on order is to plan the table setting - beginning with the napkin rings.  Have you ever searched "napkin rings" on Pinterest?  I hadn't either.  In fact, I didn't even know if anything would come up under that search, but Pinterest is loaded with all kinds of great ideas - even for napkin rings. What a great way for people to develop their own collections of ideas and share them with people all over the world.  

Here are just some of the ideas I saw.  Now to narrow it down, take my favorite part of each, and make my own version.  Tomorrow I'll have a post showing what I came up with for this part of our dinner party.  Any ideas to add?  Either leave a comment or send me an email with a favorite one that you've made - I'd love to add it to the collection!
Burlap and buttons - great combination!
I love this too!  The buttons look like little slices of a tree branch, and the fabric looks like spring.
  I love the pairing of rustic burlap and the sparkle of rhinestones.
These would be easy to make.
Chalkboard paint and twine on a store bought napkin ring.
A lot of work - but so pretty - all those antique buttons!
I'm sure this idea could be integrated into a napkin ring . . .
I really like these!  They could be personalized for any occasion.
And last of all, these, from my Inspiration File Friday a few weeks ago.  I still love these and the way each one is so different.

So, you know what I'll be doing today!   Tomorrow . . . photos of what I came up with.

(Remember,  I'd love to add your photos to this post!)


AND . . .


Don't forget to start "following" and sign up for my SPRING PILLOW GIVEAWAY!


Sharing on:
Transformation Thursday


3 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

What fun!! Those are all great ideas!

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

Oh Nan...I can't wait to see what you come up with! You are a talented and creative lady! I'm always overwhelmed by ideas on Pinterest, and a friend just told me about the search option. Such a great resource!

Rhissanna said...

You found some lovely treasures there, Nan. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. (My faves are the chalkboard and the numbered ones, in fact, the numbered ones are so sweet I'm considering making a set.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...