Tuesday, July 15, 2014

PAINTING IN CEDARBURG, WISCONSIN - AN EXHIBITION

I love Cedarburg, Wisconsin!  If you've never been there, it's a quaint little town with an active and charming little downtown area.  This year, the Cedarburg Art Museum is hosting a juried exhibition called, The Doors of Cedarburg.
The description reads, "Artists working in a variety of media are invited to explore and interpret the diverse architectural heritage of our community with art works that have as their predominant subject, a doorway found in the city or town of Cedarburg."

What a great excuse for us to go up to Cedarburg on some nice summer day, have lunch, do a little shopping, and take some pictures to work from.

So, this morning I starting working on my first practice door . . .  


Up to four paintings can be entered for possible entrance to the exhibition, and the chosen paintings will be on display and for sale at the Cedarburg Art Museum.  I think this sounds like a fun project.  

Cedarburg is one of our favorite places to visit and it's active all year long.  Here's a painting I did from the Strawberry Festival last year.

"CORN ROAST"

We came across this bustling group around some tents hosting a corn roast during the festival - my painting is  loosely based on the photo below.

Cedarburg also hosts a Plein Air Painting Competition during the Strawberry Festival.  Maybe next year I can muster up the courage to participate in that.  It would be a lot easier if I had someone to paint alongside - anyone out there want to do this?









1 comment:

debbie said...

I adore Cedarburg and live in SE Wisconsin! Your practice painting is terrific! You are on your way!

If only I could paint... I would join you for a meet and paint! Ha!

Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...