Saturday, September 27, 2014

PURPLE IRIS and BUD

Day 27
of 
3 0   P A I N T I N G S   I N   3 0   D A Y S

I really enjoyed painting another purple iris with bud and leaf.  We finally got some of these in our garden, but this year's blooms were few.  Now we can look forward to next spring when our bulbs will feel a little more situated and hopefully will produce a large crop of this beauty!  The flower, with all its intricate details, is a challenge to draw and paint.

This painting, a 9 x 12 original watercolor of the purple iris, is one of my absolute favorite flowers.  Done on Strathmore 140 lb. paper with Sennelier watercolors, this watercolor will arrive on your doorstep creatively packaged and then slipped into a cellophane sleeve.  Ready for your mat and frame.







9 x 12 inches and done on 140 lb. cold pressed paper with Sennelier watercolors.

Available on Etsy:

Thanks for looking!
-Nan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...