Thursday, October 16, 2014

HEIRLOOM ORANGE POPPIES - 8 x 10 (sold with mat)

I guess my participation in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge took a lot out of me.  I was surprised to see that my last post was on October 3rd - almost 2 weeks ago.  I have been painting during that time, just not blogging about it.  My main project was a portrait of a beautiful home, which was shipped to the buyer a few days ago.

Now it's back to botanical illustrations - my favorite kind of painting!  Today I worked on some poppies that are the color of an orange popsicle.  These heirloom poppies are warm and sunny. They are done in brilliant oranges, with a color block of yellow set behind.  Loads of detail right down to their hairy stems!  After 4 days of heavy gray clouds, and nearly 3 inches of rain, I felt the need to paint something bright and cheerful.  These really did the trick and by the time I was done, the sun was finally coming out!  It's amazing what surrounding yourself with the right colors can do to change your mood.

These poppies are painted with archival Sennelier French watercolors and 140 lb. cold pressed watercolor paper.  They will arrive on your doorstep, safely and creatively packaged, in a cellophane sleeve.  Included is a white mat that has been cut to fit the painting making "Heirloom Orange" ready to slip into your standard 11 x 14 inch frame - no need for custom framing services.

"HEIRLOOM ORANGE"
8 x 10 inch watercolor


Click below for purchase information:


Thanks for looking!
-Nan


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...