Sunday, October 19, 2014

"RED-ORANGE ANEMONE", AUCTIONED "BLUE POPPIES AND BUDS No. 4", AND AN UPCOMING TUTORIAL

Today, I finished a petite, 5 x 5 inch watercolor of a red-orange Anemone.  I love to learn the history of flowers, and legend says that this little beauty was created when Venus sprinkled nectar on the blood of her dead lover, Adonis.   

Interesting. 

  I love one of its other known names, Thimbleweed.  These flowers are slightly cupped, the petals are delicate and sheer, and the stems are thin and straight, much like poppies.  Best of all, the Wood Anemone is a native wildflower of Wisconsin and gets its start from a nubby, brown bulb.  How can such a beautiful flower come from such a homely little nugget?  I'm going to have to order some of these for next summer's garden.


You can find this original watercolor in my Etsy shop by clicking below:

"Red-Orange Anemone"
5 x 5 inch watercolor

And one other bit of news!

Last night, the school where I used to teach held their annual dinner auction.  I donated one of my framed botanical watercolors to the auction and now . . . .



"Blue Poppies and Buds No. 4" 
18 x 24 framed

 . . .  is off to a new home!  It was an honor to be included in this great fundraiser for our awesome school - Our Redeemer Lutheran in Wauwatosa, WI - a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School!

Last of all, as the title of this post suggests, there is a tutorial coming.  A friend suggested that I change the name of my blog,"YOU COULD MAKE THAT", since I have gotten away from craft projects.

So, I changed it to, "YOU COULD PAINT THAT".

Well, then she informed me that, no, she couldn't paint that - so with a name like that, I would have to include tutorials now and then.

So, coming soon, a quick little tutorial on making your own little pen/ink/watercolor flower that could be added to a gift tag or piece of stationery.

Thanks for looking!
-Nan





1 comment:

Sparklyjools said...

I'm sure the new owner of those poppies is going to be so thrilled. Also very much looking forward to the tutorials!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...